On April 25th, 1915, in the dark before dawn, battleships, destroyers and troopships approached the Turkish coast where the Australians and New Zealanders were to land.
At Village Church each Anzac Day we particularly remember those members of our church who died in the first world war.
- Village Church (St Aidans) WWI Roll of Honour
- Douglas Grant – 132 Albion Street
- Cecil & Herbert Winkworth – 29 Johnston Street
- Herbert Jiffkins – 43 Young Street
- Olly and Syd McCarthy – 152 Annandale Street
- Lawrence Paul
- Finlay Arnold ‘Arnold’ McRae – Annandale Public School
- Leslie James Scott – Pritchard Street
- Harold and Roy Smith – 135 Annandale Street
Video Credit: Simon Smart, Centre for Public Christianity.